Sunday, December 23, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
....and comment posters! Your comments are hot chocolate chip cookies for the soul!
And who are the "bad girls" you ask? Taggers!!!! That's who! LOL
One is no other than Shelli Heinemann of POTBELLY ARTS, such a sweet bear artist by day, crazed-internet tagger by night....who knew! AND Chantal another lovely bear artist and all around lovely lady.....at least till this tagging incident!
Since I've been tagged, here is what I get to do....I write 5 random things about myself and then TAG five other unsuspecting individuals. (That part sounds fun!!!)
1. I love anime. Anything from FRUITS BASKET to GHOST in the SHELL.
2. I miss snow. It doesn't snow in Houston....though I did hear that they got a dusting a couple of years back. Just a little snow on Christmas would make me very happy!
3. Susan Wallace (who I am TAGGING), makes the BEST purses!!! In fact the last one she made is actually mine.....she just won't give it to me. While this isn't totally a random thought about me....I do want the record to show that Susan needs to give me my purse! LOL
4. I've never been camping. I did see an ad for a camping trip that I would be willing to think about. It's a little pricey, but what it is a $595.00 a night camping trip in "big sky country" that comes complete with a butler to make your campfire for you and maid to turn down your down comforter at night! Now that's camping!!!
5. I have lived in Houston for over a year now and still can't decide on curtains....partially cause I will make them, and when I want to sew....bears and dolls seem soooo much more exciting!!!
And, seriously.....a heartfelt thanks to all of you that read and or comment on my blatherings! Group hug!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I've been pulling my hair out trying to think of a great December post. Thanks to my children, there are 3 Christmas trees of assorted shapes and sizes, all over the house. ("Oh mom, that poor little tree looks so lonesome sitting here in the store next to all these other big trees!") So, while I have an abundance of trees and tinsel, there's nary a Christmas doll in sight. So how about the next best thing! A mermaid!!! I know it brings to mind one of my favorite holiday tunes:
it's swimming time
in the ocean!"
Hum along! I know you know the tune!!!
This is my doll Naiad. Poor dear doesn't actually have a name. That's as much her fault as it is mine. Every time
I have asked her what she is called by her mer-friends, she just rolls her eyes and flips her tail at me! Cheeky!
Naiad would be about 18" tall from the top of her head to the bottom of her fin if she stretched out. She is sculpted from paper clay and painted with genesis paints and acrylic paints.
I think the real reason she's a bit testy is that I overheard she doesn't have her Christmas shopping finished.
Not that I would know anything about that....